IntralaseWhat is Blade-Free LASIK?
- Better vision. More patients in clinical trials achieved vision that was 20/20 or better when their LASIK procedure was performed with the IntraLase Method.2 And patients report better quality of vision overall, particularly in terms of their ability to see well in low-light such as at dusk or at night.3
- Ability to tailor the procedure to your eye. The IntraLase Method enables your doctor to tailor the flap according to the shape of your eye. Everything from the diameter of your flap to the angle of its edges can be precisely determined. This is important because everyone’s eyes are shaped a little differently. Having a corneal flap that’s individualized to your eye will help ensure that you get the best possible results.
Fact or Fiction?
- More patients get to 20/20 vision and beyond with the IntraLase Method. - TRUE
- IntraLase cannot be individualized. - FALSE: IntraLase allows surgeons to tailor the corneal flap for each individual patient, and each individual eye.
- IntraLase improves precision, and visual results of LASIK, whether you choose to have a standard or custom procedure. - TRUE
- IntraLase is not accurate. - FALSE: IntraLase delivers micron-level accuracy, giving your doctor more control during the procedure and the ability to create a flap of precise size, shape, and depth—factors that are critical to a successful LASIK outcome.
- Leading doctors and teaching hospitals from around the world believe in IntraLase and use the IntraLase Method. - TRUE
- Patients prefer procedures using a microkeratome blade. - FALSE: More patients (81%), when given a choice, chose the IntraLase Method over a microkeratome blade.
- Approximately 1,000,000 IntraLase procedures have been safely performed. - TRUE
- The IntraLase Method takes much longer to perform than a microkeratome procedure. - FALSE: The IntraLase Method takes approximately 15-30 seconds per eye and a total of 10 minutes for the entire LASIK procedure, which is comparable to—and sometimes faster than—procedures using a microkeratome.
- IntraLase is the most sophisticated and accurate technology for corneal flap creation available today and has given many patients greater confidence and assurance in choosing laser vision correction. - TRUE
888-841-Eyes (3937) | Message Us | Monday-Friday 8:00-5:00